Good day beautiful people
I hope you’ve all had a blessed week thus far?
Today I’d like to remind us of the importance of knowing who we are in Christ. This is because if you know the truth about God, you’ll know the truth about yourself, and you’ll be set free. Free from the lies of Satan.
John 8:31-32 ~ Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
So my question to you today is, who do you see yourself as? This question sprung up within me, as I was reading through the book of Genesis. Sarah saw herself as a worn out woman, BUT God saw her as the mother of many nations!
Genesis 18:12-14 ~ “So she laughed silently to herself and said, “How could a worn-out woman like me enjoy such pleasure, especially when my master my husband is also so old?” Then the Lord said to Abraham, “Why did Sarah laugh? Why did she say, ‘Can an old woman like me have a baby?’ Is anything too hard for the Lord? I will return about this time next year, and Sarah will have a son.”
Genesis 17:15-16 ~ “Then God said to Abraham, “Regarding Sarai, your wife—her name will no longer be Sarai. From now on her name will be Sarah. And I will bless her and give you a son from her! Yes, I will bless her richly, and she will become the mother of many nations. Kings of nations will be among her descendants.” <<< [God’s thoughts concerning Sarah].
Some truths for every Christian to remember!
1. You’re loved: John 3:16 ~ “For this is how God loved the world: He gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.”
Jeremiah 31:3 ~ The LORD appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness.
2. You’re forgiven and redeemed: Ephesians 1:7 ~ In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace.
3. You’re a child of God: 1 John 3:1 ~ See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.
4. You have Christ living in you: 1 John 4:16 ~ And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in them.
Galatians 2:20 ~ I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.
5. You’re a saint: Colossians 1:12~ Giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified us to share in the inheritance of the saints in Light.
6. You have everything you need in Christ: 2 Peter 1:3 ~ By his divine power, God has given us everything we need for living a godly life. We have received all of this by coming to know him, the one who called us to himself by means of his marvelous glory and excellence.
I pray that you and your family members continue to stay safe! God bless you all.
Christian Lady After God’s Own Heart