Hey people, how y’all doing??
Well I thought that I would write up a quick piece on the things which I enjoy doing as a young single woman. Firstly I’d just like to emphasise that I know, there’s soooo much work we can do for the kingdom of Christ as unmarried folk. But I also believe that marriage should not altogether stop us from doing God’s work. So whether married or not, there will always be work for you to do for the kingdom of God, until our Saviour returns. For the bible says ‘look around, for the fields are ripe for harvest’ (John 4:35). With that said I would like to express that I intend to take a non-spiritual approach, in explaining to you the joys which I find in being ‘single’. Possibly in the near future I’ll write up some of the joys I have with being ‘single’, in relation to working for Gods kingdom.
So my list goes as follows
1) I get to spend a lot of time with my sisters, and I will truly miss all the fun we have together. The slumber parties we throw in each other’s rooms, the snacks we share together at night in our beds, the jokes we have, laughing together and at each other, playing silly games, playing MONOPOLY for hourssss. This is something I will surely miss, and I know I will not be able to do as often when I become a married woman, by the grace of God.
2) Just laying in my parent’s bed, and falling asleep whenever I feel like. Honestly I think there’s something extra special about parents’ bed.
3) Watching TV series with my dad after work, and family movie nights on the weekend. So fun man.
4) Catching jokes with my mum, usually laughing at how she can come out with saying the most funniest sentences.
5) I enjoy having that sense of peace, which comes from having parents that know when I am upset, before I even tell them. I love to hear their sound, and encouraging advice.
6) Ordering food home on the occasional weekend, or late night, when we are all too tired to cook. That’s when I truly appreciate the chicken n chip shop. I love me a good tasty chicken burger. And I love me some CHINESE food too.
7) Going on a random family drive, with my parents and sisters.
8) Going to my family’s favourite food restaurant on a special occasion.
9) I enjoy having family prayer time, in the car, or in our living room.
So there you have it, my list on what I feel are the perks of being ‘single’. My list may seem insignificant to you, but as they say ‘it’s the little things that make life big’. I prefer to say ‘it’s the little things in life, which make a big difference’ lol. My word of advice for us ‘singletons’ out there who desire to be married is, ENJOY this season. Mainly because you can never, EVER, get back the time you lose. The past belongs to the past, so be grateful, and appreciative of the time which God has blessed you with now. Use this time to build up great and godly memories, and confidently wait upon the Lord (Micah 7:7). For God in His sovereignty will bless you with your hearts desires (Psalm 37:4), according to the will He has for your life.
God bless people
The godly lady