Hey people its been a while, but I’m back and I hope you’ve all had an amazing Christmas!
So basically the main reason I decided to touch up on this subject is because recently I have passed through a tough season within my career, where I felt soooo frustrated with how things where going for me. I almost felt like I was going nowhere in life, I felt stagnant and of no use within the work place. To simply sum things up, I felt like giving up.
But I must say that there is ALWAYS light at the end of the tunnel. God helped me get through such a trying/frustrating period in my life, and is still helping me NOW (cause Lord KNOWS I NEED HIS HELP)! So today I am going to share some practical tips on what to do when faced with challenges within the work place.
1. When dealing with difficult people
– Don’t retaliate, don’t give them a reason to find fault in you (2 Corinthians 6:3). Play cool and be the bigger person, treat them kindly even if they are nasty as it would be like pouring burning coals on their head (Romans 12:20).
– Also as a believer I don’t believe in taking revenge (Romans 12:19). Just leave that person to God to deal with (He has the power to touch their heart).
– Pray about the situation, pray over the person and also pray for YOURSELF. Pray that God will bless you with self-control.
2. When feeling useless
– Remember you are created to solve a problem or problems on this planet.
– Look out for issues within your workplace which need a resolution. Don’t wait on someone to tell you to do a job, use your initiative!
– Talk to someone about your feelings, maybe a close family or friend who will be able to keep an eye on you, and give you wise advice.
– Talk to your manager and ask them to see if they can give you more responsibilities!
3. When you feel overworked
– Never do something you are unsure of, which could potentially put you, your coworkers, clients or patients at risk.
– Learn to say NO, no is such a powerful word. Say no to that extra shift that may compromise the time you spend with others, or the time that you have for yourself.
– Learn to ask for help!!! Don’t be afraid as humans we make mistakes and we don’t know it all. We all have our limitations.
Finally I’ll advice for you to TRUST God (2 Samuel 7:28). In all honesty work can be tough sometimes, but this is just life for you. Life is not a bed of roses, but our challenges do help us develop a better character. Seek God for guidance as it is necessary for you to ensure that you are in the right career. Live intentionally/with purpose. Remember to work as if you are working for the Lord, rather than for man (Colossians 3:23).
And DON’T GIVE UP!!!
The Christian Lady After Gods Own Heart