Hey lovely people from across the globe, welcome to my space, my world, and part of my mind. So today is my birthday 😊 and I thought I’d share my gratitude list with you all, as a way to remind myself that I have SO much to be grateful/thankful for. We live in an era where people constantly moan and complain about one thing or the other (myself including), forgetting that there are soooo many blessings around us.
I often find myself moaning about the acne scars which I have on my face. But I am quickly reminded of how precious life is, when I see multiple babies laying inside incubators within the intensive care unit. Many of whom are born into the world fighting health battles many adults won’t have to face in their entire lifetime! The bible states that God desire for us to give our thanks as an offering to Him (Psalm 50:14)! So without further ado I shall introduce you to my gratitude list (it’s 27 points long, a point for each year of my life on planet earth 😃).
1. Life in itself is a blessing. Having breath in your lungs is a beautiful gift! Once there is life there is hope!
2. I can see…eyesight! It is a great treasure to behold the beauty of the universe through sight. I may not have ultra HD vision but I’m grateful none the less.
3. Having the power to CHOOSE! This is a great form of freedom. I don’t have to rely on others to make decisions for me. I’m thankful because I am not brain dead.
4. It’s wonderful to be able to experience and feel love. The love of a parent, sibling and God. Love is sooo precious, love is of eternal value and can never be destroyed.
5. I am employed and have a full time job whoopie!
6. What a privilege it is to live in a nation with FREE healthcare. Such a BLESSING.
7. I didn’t have to pay for my uni degree! Thank you NHS 👊🏾.
8. I currently am debt free.
9. I have an AMAZING family (my dad is awesome, my mum is awesome and my sisters are AWESOME).
10. I am FORGIVEN by Christ!
11. I am grateful that God didn’t give up on me. I love my relationship with my Heavenly Father.
12. I am blessed to live in a country which is not ravaged by war and crossfire.
13. I have access to electricity and clean drinking water 24/7.
14. I love the area I live in, it’s peaceful away from the noise but not so far from the heart of London.
15. I’m pleased with the growth which has taken place in my life spiritually, emotionally, and mentally. I am grateful for every step made no matter how small.
16. I go to a great church with individuals I can call family.
17. I can drive which is a convenient and handy skill to have! It helps me get around.
18. I am thankful to have gained knowledge on how to eat a well balanced diet. I am glad to have learnt how to love myself MORE.
19. Super chuffed about completing my counselling diploma.
20. Grateful to be able to host two Christian women empowerment events this year.
21. Grateful for the friends I have in my life.
22. Loved my trip to Canada this year, it ‘twas very refreshing 😀.
23. I am thankful for this platform which I have on WordPress which helps me share my experiences with you lovely people. I am pleased with the increased level of consistency I have been able to provide over these past few months.
24. Grateful for the roof which I have over my head and my cosy warm bed (I love the warmth).
25. I’m pleased to have learnt how to better my time management.
26. I thank God for the holy bible His precious word which happens to be my rock and life source! It keeps me going in life especially through the tough seasons.
27. I’m thankful for the cross! It’s a constant reminder of how GREAT Gods love for me is. It reminds me that I have the most precious gift in the world… Salvation!
Psalm 50:14: Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God, and keep the vows you made to the Most High.
I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about me. I would suggest that if you do have some spare time, use it to make a gratitude list for yourself. You’ll be amazed at the number of reasons you have to be thankful. At first you may think you won’t have much to write down, but once you start you won’t be able to stop! It’s a good habit to form in order to help put a stop to a complaining character.
Take care and God bless
The godly lady😀