Good day beautiful people.
I pray that this message meets you well? Personally I believe that you should never give someone else the power to determine wether you feel happy or not, nobody deserves to be given such authority, only God is all powerful and none can compare to Him. In today’s post I aim to present before you a few tips on how to break free from the chains of unhappiness.
1. Don’t rely on others to make you happy: It’s unwise to put all of your hope and trust in another human being, they will eventually let you down. Just like how you have let others down knowingly, or unknowingly! This is my NUMBER ONE advice to you. Your source of wellness should not derive from what others think of you, but what GOD say’s about you. People cannot ‘ALWAYS’ be there for you, only God can. Therefore we should stop placing unrealistic, and unreasonable expectations upon others.
Psalm 146:3 ~ Don’t put your confidence in powerful people; there is no help for you there.
Psalm 118:8 ~ It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man.
Psalm 27:10 ~ Even if my father and mother abandon me, the LORD will hold me close.
2. Learn to enjoy your own company: Work on personal development, take a course to further develop a skill, get active, be proactive, and look after your health. PURSUE GROWTH. Focus on doing your own work and get the SATISFACTION of a job well done. Remember that you have what it takes to bring the fun to the party by just being yourself. Learn to cultivate a fun and creative environment without the need of having other people in the room.
Galatians 6:4 ~ Pay careful attention to your own work, for then you will get the satisfaction of a job well done, and you won’t need to compare yourself to anyone else.
3. Alone time with God: Being in God’s presence is one of the safest spaces to be in. God’s word is what will keep you sane in times of despair. His word has the power to set you free from unhappiness through exposing your mind to the truth. Meditate on His words both day and night.
John 8:31-32 ~ “Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
Joshua 1:8 ~ Study this Book of Instruction continually. Meditate on it day and night so you will be sure to obey everything written in it. Only then will you prosper and succeed in all you do.
4. Have fun and be free: Cook, bake, eat, sing, dance, take an acting class. Don’t be so rigid/up tight to the point where you can’t have fun, or let your hair down and be you for a moment. Do something outside of your comfort zone. Challenge yourself to gain new skills. There is no harm in trying new things, but there are always lessons to be learnt.
Ecclesiastes 8:15 ~ “So I recommend having fun, because there is nothing better for people in this world than to eat, drink, and enjoy life. That way they will experience some happiness along with all the hard work God gives them under the sun.”
5. Do what you love: God has given you specific talents unique to you, so further develop them. It’s always nice when your work aligns with your passion. This isn’t the case for everyone, so if you find yourself in a place where they don’t align, work on your hobbies during periods of down time at work. Or dedicate some weekends to working on personal activities. Also seek out opportunities which can encourage you to use your God given gifts within your occupation. For example if you love teaching and are a nurse, request to teach and observe student nurses, or maybe look into lecturing.
6. Pursue a healthy work life balance: Enjoy the fruit of your labour. It is so important to be in an environment that stimulates growth, productivity, and sound mind. I know that sometimes one may need to remain in a job, which they don’t thoroughly enjoy for a specific season (reason) appointed by God. But if you know that you have a God given purpose to achieve a certain goal, aspire not to remain in the same place, and plan ahead. Whether an environment is favourable or not, always strive to honour God and have a mindset willing to acquire knowledge. If a work environment is toxic, and is damaging your mental health, seek help. Don’t suffer silently. In some cases it may be necessary to leave.
Ecclesiastes 5:18 ~ Even so, I have noticed one thing, at least, that is good. It is good for people to eat, drink, and enjoy their work under the sun during the short life God has given them, and to accept their lot in life.
Ecclesiastes 3:13 ~ And people should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their labor, for these are gifts from God.
Ecclesiastes 2:24 ~ So I decided there is nothing better than to enjoy food and drink and to find satisfaction in work. Then I realized that these pleasures are from the hand of God.
7. Love yourself: You’re fearfully and wonderfully made! Embrace your uniqueness, remember that there will never be another you. Love the body God gave you. Love the skin you’re in.
Psalm 139:14 ~ “Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvellous how well I know it.”
I look marvellous, YOU look marvellous, we ALL look marvellous 😊.
Remember that this list is not extensive, and I’m sure that there are other ways to help avoid succumbing to feelings of unhappiness, so I challenge you to think outside of the box. Also if you do need expert support in dealing with overwhelming distressing emotions, ask a professional help.
Have a wonderful, blessed, joyous, productive, and happy week, sprinkled with God’s amazing grace, favour, and unfailing love.
Christian Lady After God’s Own Heart 💜