Good day beautiful people
I hope that you’re all well? Today’s post will be fairly short, nonetheless I pray that it will minister to your hearts and remind you of the truth that God will NEVER abandon you.
I believe that the last 18 months for many individuals including myself has been EXTREMELY challenging. I can truly admit that the affairs of life have impacted my relationship with God. Recently I’ve felt that everything that could go wrong has gone wrong at the same time, leading to feelings of frustration. I felt that God was distant and wasn’t listening to my requests. This lead me to examine my heart, and I would like to share some lessons which I’ve learnt during my time of self reflection (the bible tells us to study ourselves approved 2 Timothy 2:15)… P.S. don’t forget that God will NEVER EVER ABANDON His child!
2 Timothy 2:15 ~ Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth.
Some important things to know!
1. Is there a sin to avoid: Sin can negatively impact our relationship with God as well as hinder our prayers. My mind was consumed with worrisome thoughts which meant I was unintentionally distancing myself away from The Lord. I fell into the trap of believing that stewing over a problem would lead me to discovering a solution, when in fact it made things worse by increasing my stress levels. Beware that our worries have the potential of crowding out God’s voice.
Psalm 66:18 ~ If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.
1 Peter 3:7 ~ “In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.”
2. A heart of gratitude: Thank God for the everyday miracles which you usually take for guaranteed, for example God taking care of you at work by placing you within a caring environment (good team). When we develop a thankful heart we are better able to see God at work in our everyday lives. Trust me He isn’t as distant as we think.
3. Surround yourself with believers: It is crucial that during your moments of difficulty that you surround yourself with the right people. Individuals who’ll pray for you, and with you when you don’t have the strength to pray. DO NOT STOP PRAYING. When you don’t ‘feel’ like praying this should set off alarm bells to cause you to pray the more. Don’t put your guard down when it comes to your spiritual health.
Matthew 26:41 ~ Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak!
Proverbs 27:17 ~ “As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend.”
4. God is training you and preparing you for growth: A parent has to let go of their child so that their little human can stand up and walk. God wants us to stand strong upon His word, and desires for us to step out in faith when faced with a challenge. Growth takes time and a new believer is not immediately spiritually mature at the point of their conversion. A person’s spiritual maturity can be further developed during times of testing, as trials provide opportunities for growth. God may ‘seem’ quiet but in reality He could be pruning us and testing our faith! God desires for us to grow and doesn’t want us to remain stagnant in our relationship with Him. Just because a parent let’s go of their child’s hand, doesn’t mean that they do not love their offspring. They’re just teaching/training their child how to walk. They’re still present with their child, just like how God is omnipresent and will never leave His child, because He is the perfect father.
Jeremiah 20:12 ~ “O Lord of Heaven’s Armies, you test those who are righteous, and you examine the deepest thoughts and secrets. Let me see your vengeance against them, for I have committed my cause to you.”
5. Stay connected to the living word (bible): The word of God is a firm foundation which will keep your faith from crumbling. If you’re struggling to pray, learn to be still and listen to God’s word. I find that listening to Christian podcasts really helps. It detracts my mind away from worry and gets me focusing on God’s word. The app one place is great to use, it has a variety of Christian podcast stations for one to listen to.
6. Remember that God is always in the picture!!!
So there you have it, I hope you all have a lovely week. Do take care of yourselves and keep on praying!
Christian Lady After God’s Own Heart 💜