Hey Ladies (& gents who may be reading)
My sincere apologies for the long break I’ve taken, I will try to keep up to date with posting at least once a month, with the help of the Holy Spirit. But I do hope you are all well, and have had (or are having) an AMAZING summer.
So lets cut to the chase, from the title it is pretty easy for one to guess what I’ll be talking about… LOVE/LUST/THAT BUTTERFLY FEELING YOU GET IN YOUR TUMMY. So yup truth be told, as of present, I do have a crush on a guy at my work place. For some strange reason I can’t even act normal around him. The last time I saw him in the corridor I acted like a 5 year old. It’s just so annoying, literally every time I see him it’s like common sense decides to leave my body. And simply put, I CANNOT EXPLAIN WHY I LIKE HIM 🙁 [other than the fact that he’s like 6’4, is built like a rugby player, and has an amazing beard]. Yes these are ‘exterior’ qualities I like, but I don’t KNOW the guy. Sounds like infatuation right.
For a while I felt so angry with myself for having these feelings. But then it hit me, as human beings its natural for us to appreciate Gods work of art. Wether it be His beautiful creation, or another human being made in His image. Theres no issue in admiring something, or an individuals quality. Issues occur when we become obsessed and begin to allow that object take Gods place in our life. If you spend most of your time thinking about your ‘crush’, then you’ve turned that person into an idol! How you may ask? Well because your whole life starts to revolve around them, you try with all your strength to please that individual, which is basically an act of worship! Remember we all have emotions/feelings, and we can’t just turn them of. Just ensure that you don’t allow your emotions/feelings to control you, and lead you to sin!
So some useful tips on handling yourself when you have a crush.
1. Avoid the danger of becoming obsessed!!! Every time a thought of that person comes into your head, use it as a moment to pray for them! (Turn what the devil intends for evil around for good Genesis 50:20)! Remember it is NOT a sin to be tempted, Jesus was, yet never sinned!
2. Tell someone about it for accountability sake, so they can join hands and pray with you, so that you don’t fall into the sin of idol worship. And so that thoughts of that person don’t overtake your whole life! (James 5:16).
3. Stay occupied, when your not doing anything but lazing around, its easy for your mind to travel. Get involved in activities that interest you, such as sports, music, volunteering etc.
4. BE YOURSELF! It is very important that you are honest with yourself, do not deny who you are in order to get the attention of your ‘crush’. Try not to do silly little things which you’ll later regret.
5. Talk to God. God delights in every detail of your life (Psalm 37:23), just pour out your heart to Him, tell Him how you feel, just tell Him about everything. Ask Him to help you not to fall into temptation, ask Him to take total and full control over your emotions.
I won’t lie to you and say it will be easy to put your crush behind you, in order for you not to become obsessed with them, but with God all things are possible. I’d advise you to try some of the tips suggested, and see if it works for you!
But one major thing I’d love for y’all to take today, is that no relationship on earth can compare with the relationship you have with God. Getting into a toxic relationship with your crush is not worth it, as it will surely hinder the relationship you have with God!!!
LOVE YOU ALL & GOD BLESS
From the Christian Lady After Gods Own Heart.