I thought it would be an appropriate time to write up this post, as people are still enjoying and celebrating Easter. This is a season in the year where school kids look forward to a nice 2 week break, and the working population look forward to time off during the bank holiday weekend. And not to forget how most of us, if not all of us look forward to savouring our fair share of chocolate!!! Now I believe it’s time for us to push that all aside and look into the TRUE meaning and the ONLY reason in which we should really be celebrating Easter.
I find that society/the media have a very good habit of covering up the truth. A lot of the times people don’t want to hear the truth, but would rather hear something which tickles their ears (2 Timothy 4:3). Sometimes people would rather hear lies than truths, as they are not ready to change the way they live. Easter without a shadow of a doubt is all about Gods love for the world, God loved us so much that He was willing to lay down His life for us all (John 3:16).
Before I dedicated my life to Christ, I never understood the concept that God Himself died (that is Jesus). I viewed Jesus as a separate person. But then it hit me, that God in all His glory, power and might, left His glorious throne, where angels bow down in worship, to be born in a stable (not exactly the cleanest of places), to then be beaten, spat on, humiliated, and to then be crucified, for ME!! After gaining that knowledge I could no longer live a life without Christ, I could not turn down the gift of salvation.
So here are some points (a few of very MANY) why Jesus is my superhero
- He saved my life before I even came into existence (Jeremiah 1:5) [He had a rescue plan for me, well before I even knew I was in danger].
- He actually died for me [Listen ladies, this is a man that has already died for you before you were born. So please do not be downhearted because you’re looking for that guy who will literally sacrifice himself for you, when you already have a Man who has done so already]. Romans 3:25
- Remains faithful even when I’m unfaithful (2 Timothy 2:13)
- Jesus never gives up on me, even when I turn my back on Him, and break His heart when I sin (Hosea 3:1).
- He’s always waiting for me to speak with Him, even when I cheat Him of the time I’m supposed to spend with Him. He constantly stands at the door knocking (Revelations 3:20).
- He heals me when I’m sick (Matthew 4:23), and mends my broken heart (Psalm 147:3).
- He rescues me from my enemies [Satan and his demons] (Colossians 1:13).
- He conquered the powers of hell and the grave (Revelations 1:18 & 1 Corinthians 15:57). He rescued me from eternal damnation (Romans 5:9).
- He forgives my sin (Luke 7:48 & Mark 2:5)!!!
- He opened the pathway to eternity with God the Father (1 John 5:11)!!!
And that’s why I love Jesus and why he is my one and only superhero. I hope you enjoyed this short post.
P.S. I feel this song relates quite well to this post https://youtu.be/Yc8x33lAnAk!!!
Check it out ^^^^
God bless ladies.
Remember you are precious in the eyes of God. Xxx