I must admit and be openly honest with all my readers that the thought of my period coming would easily stir up emotions of fear within me. Not because of the cramps but because of the fact that I saw this natural occurrence to be an inconvenience. I’d always wonder how I was going to cope at work, or get through a night shift. Honestly the days leading up to my menses would bring about real anxiety.
This carried on until I realised I needed to break free from such a negative mindset. I HAD to stop wasting time wallowing in self pity! I was able to do this by fixating my mind on truths found in the Holy Bible, and also by praying. Every time I had a negative word in my mind, I’d replace it with a verse in the bible. Gods grace really helped me get through the moments where I’d feel extremely low. Gods word reminded me of the importance of having a heart of GRATITUDE. It is so important to always be thankful (1 Thessalonians 5:18)! Always remember that giving thanks to God is also a form of prayer 😃. Now I’d love for all you beautiful readers to take a look through my ‘period thank you list’ ✌🏾.
My period thank you list 😁
- God I thank you for the fact that every month I am reminded that I have the ability to potentially bring life into the world. Having a monthly period is a sign of HEALTH!
- God I am thankful that I have access to sanitary products. (Sadly there are many females who do not have the funds to buy sanitary items and have to miss work or school because of this).
- Lord I am thankful that I live in a country which provides me with access to mechanisms which help me safely dispose of my sanitary products. (This makes life A LOT easier, I’ve been to a country where used pads had to be placed in a hole in the ground and burned). So I’m thankful for toilets with sanitary bins!
- Lord I am thankful that I get to enjoy having perks such as owning a water bottle and being able to drink herbal teas, which really do help me during my time of the month.
- Lastly God I’m grateful for the fact that my heavy bleeding has reduced. This has helped me feel less anxious about my monthly cycle.
The most important statement which I can leave you with in regards to periods is to embrace your God given body. Our bodies are so amazing NOT only because we can carry life, but because we can bring God glory and pleasure through our talents, gifts and abilities (Revelation 4:11). Through the power of the Holy Spirit at work within us (our bodies) we can change and reshape the future for the better. We can make history through His wonderful grace!
And I truly get David when he said I PRAISE you for I am wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14)! Yo ladies, our bodies, including our uteruses are WONDERFUL!
There are many more things which I’d like to share with you about my period experience, but I’ll leave that to another post. So there will definitely be a PART TWO which you need to look out for. Part two shall consist of a short prayer/suggested prayer guideline, and some health tips.
So that’s it for now beautiful readers. Until next time.
Love from the godly woman after Gods own heart.