Good morning to my lovely WordPress familia, today your girls coming at you again with another life’s lessons post!
Sooo I believe it’s extremely important that we interact with other human beings on a regular basis, as I’ve stated before NO individual is an island! So let’s make it our goal for this year to COMMUNICATE MORE! I know it can be daunting but we must learn to come out of our comfort zones! And yes I know that it seems like a lot of effort but surprise surprise ALL relationships require work!
What amazes me is that even though we are probably the most connected generation of all time via the worldwide web (I can send a message to someone on the other side of the world in a split second), I still find that we are a greatly disconnected people! People find it ‘harder’ to have conversations! We have A LOT of brave keyboard warriors and very few listeners! Meaningful/deep conversations are few and far between whilst superficial convos are heavily promoted via social media! This actually saddens me, but anyways I have a few tips that I’ve personally found helpful in ‘communicating with others’!
1. You gotta make the effort and don’t expect for things to be 50/50 otherwise you WILL be disappointed! It does get slightly frustrating when you ALWAYS have to initiate conversation but a way around this is to be HONEST and tell the person how you feel!
2. Understand social cues! Sometimes people DON’T want to be contacted which yet again sucks, but learn and know when to STOP 🛑 so you don’t end up hurting yourself by becoming overwhelmed by disappointment.
3. Know that there are certain relationships worth fighting for! Keep trusting God for reconciliation, keep on praying (1 Thessalonians 5:17), and continue to reach out especially if the Holy Spirit has instructed you to do so!!
4. Having healthy conversation is like medicine/therapy for the soul! Share your burdens with others (James 5:16 & Galatians 6:2) but be very selective with who you share with!
5. Lastly have FUN, live life, and don’t allow unforgiveness to destroy a beautiful relationship! Make the most of life, don’t cut everybody off as you have to remember that occasionally you’ll let others down! And lastly never forget the beautiful truth which is we have a perfect Friend who will never let us down John 15:15! And His name is JESUS!
Finally I’d like to leave you with the scripture passage which inspired this write up…
Genesis 2:18-23~ 18 Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper who is just right for him.” 19 So the Lord God formed from the ground all the wild animals and all the birds of the sky. He brought them to the man[c] to see what he would call them, and the man chose a name for each one. 20 He gave names to all the livestock, all the birds of the sky, and all the wild animals. But still there was no helper just right for him. 21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep. While the man slept, the Lord God took out one of the man’s ribs[d] and closed up the opening. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib, and he brought her to the man. 23 “At last!” the man exclaimed. “This one is bone from my bone, and flesh from my flesh! She will be called ‘woman,’ because she was taken from ‘man.’”
From this passage we can identify that Adam had plenty of animals in the garden, yet none of the connections he had with them where comparable to human communication/interaction. This informs me that partnership with animals has its limitations, as there’s only so much a pet can do. Btw people I am not denying the fact that animals can be good company! So allow people into your life but be selective in the process. Don’t allow your heart to become so hardened that you rob yourself of happiness!