Good day beautiful people
I hope you and your loved ones are blessed?
So, you know how I love to go on about looking after your mental health, well today is going to be another one of those health related posts! Why? Because your health matters!
Getting out of bed can be a person’s biggest achievement of the day, when experiencing the ‘blues’. I truly believe that a healthy body starts with a healthy mind! I completely understand why the bible tells us to guide our hearts (minds) at all costs (Proverbs 4:23).
Matthew 6:22-23 ~ “Your eye is like a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is healthy, your whole body is filled with light. But when your eye is unhealthy, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is!”
^^^A healthy body starts from the mind. And a healthy mind leads to a healthy body! This applies to both your physical and spiritual health. The above passage is referring to a persons heart, and wether that persons heart is truly in the right place. A good heart produces good fruit, and a bad heart cultivates bad fruit. [When your mind/heart is healthy, you’ll find that you’ll have the ability to live a healthy life through making healthy choices, with the help of the Holy Spirit].
Your physical health is directly impacted by your mental health. During stressful moments it’s not uncommon to find that a persons eating habits are negatively affected. People stress eat, and have a tendency to eat junk food. People may also spend more time sleeping to help cope with life problems. Being mentally or physically unwell can also affect your spiritual health, you may find that you struggle to take things to God in prayer!
Proverbs 25:16 ~ Do you like honey? Don’t eat too much, or it will make you sick!
^^^ Too much of any type of food is not good for you! Be mindful of what you put into your body.
Some practical tips
- Guard your heart: Having sound mind (thinking healthy thoughts/believing the truth) is extremely important, as well as knowing the truth about who you are. This truth can be found in the word of God. You’re loved, and you’re very valuable in the eyes of The Lord. Also keep your distance from people who’s only intention is to discourage you with their words!
2 Timothy 1:7 ~ “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.”
- Move around: Get out of bed, change out of your pyjamas, and go for a walk. When you exercise your body releases it’s own natural endorphins, this can help uplift your mood. Our human bodies are truly divinely created. Also getting FRESH AIR, is nourishing for the body.
Psalm 139:14 ~ Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex! Your workmanship is marvellous how well I know it.
- Let the light come in: Sunlight does wonders for the body (vitamin D), and light brightens dark places. The same is true when looking at things from a spiritual perspective. Christ the light of the world brings hope! Allow God’s light into your life. Also open your curtains and try and refrain from spending most of your day in darkness. Light a candle if you must.
John 8:12 ~ “Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”
- Communicate with others: Never ever struggle alone. Speak out when in need of support.
- Pray: Be real with God, don’t try to hide your hurt, confusion, struggle, or frustration. He sees all, and desire for us to be transparent with Him. Being proactive can take our minds off what is not going ‘right’ in our lives. We can distract ourselves for a moment, but we mustn’t shy away from dealing with the ROOT CAUSE of our low period. Identify the problem, and admit that you NEED help and support from others. Be willing to be healed, and for God to start the recovery process within your heart! I know that it’s become increasingly difficult for a lot of people to cope with mental health challenges, because of the COVID-19 pandemic , but the best advice which I can give for such a time like this, is to communicate your concerns to someone! Speak to God, and speak to TRUSTED friends!
I hope you all continue to stay safe, God bless and have a purposeful week.
Christian Lady After God’s Own Heart