Good day beautiful people
I hope you’re all blessed? Today I’m coming at you with another post focusing on mental health. I thought it’d be appropriate to do so, since it is mental health awareness week. So sit back, relax, and let your mind be nourished with some biblical truths.
1. Don’t suffer alone: I recently had a serious emotional dip, I simply had to let everything out, and have a good cry for a minute. What made me feel A LOT better was sharing my struggles with my family. My parents and my sister Debbie really encouraged me with scriptural truths, and reminded me of God’s love towards me. I also got the pleasant surprise of receiving sweet treats, a card, and flowers! So TALK IT OUT. Find a trusted confidant who is loyal, and who will FREQUENTLY check in on you!
James 5:16 ~ Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
2. Learn to say ‘no’: There will be times in your life where you’ll have to say no to certain requests. This includes requests from well meaning friends/loved ones. Otherwise one can end up pushing themselves over the edge, and damaging their overall health. This skill is especially important to have during moments where one is being asked to do something against their own conscience!
3. Don’t try to do too much all at once: Stretching yourself beyond your limits only leads to burnout, and can prevent one from properly handling tasks well. This can cause a domino effect leading one to believe that they’re a failure because they haven’t accomplished a set target. Failing something doesn’t make you a failure. Experiencing a failed project gives you the opportunity to try again, and to improve/develop.
Proverbs 19:2 ~ Enthusiasm without knowledge is no good; haste makes mistakes.
4. Do something you love: Work on your passion/vision. This can help dissipate feelings of boredom, and can lead to an increased level of positive productivity. It’s also a great way to naturally release endorphins within the body.
5. Treat yourself: Have a treat, pamper yourself, enjoy a rest day, keep active, enjoy nature, explore etc. You can have fun in life, God is not a kill joy. God created earth (Eden), specifically for us to enjoy His marvellous creation. The world is your garden.
Ecclesiastes 2:24 ~ So I decided there is nothing better than to enjoy food and drink and to find satisfaction in work. Then I realised that these pleasures are from the hand of God.
6. Go out: Enjoy FRESH air and get yourself some vitamin D (sunlight). And if possible meet up with those you love. God created us for relationship, and it is not good for any human being to be alone. Utilise your time well, and SPEND MORE TIME WITH GOD! I know that with the pandemic, going out has become extremely difficult, but try opening your windows, or going out into the garden if you have one.
7. Be thankful: Enjoy the moment (season) you are in. Live in the moment instead of missing beautiful happenings, due to your mind being fixated upon what isn’t going right. Stop living in your own imagination, and embrace the reality of life, and trust the hand of The Lord to guide you throughout your life journey.
1 Thessalonians 5:16 ~ Rejoice always.
8. Avoid toxic environments: A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body. Whereas jealousy is destructive, and damages your health. Pursue peace always. Things which can rob you of your peace are envy, and comparison etc.
Proverbs 14:30 ~ “A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones.”
Finally it is very important for us to trust God’s promise that He’ll take care of us ALWAYS. Psalm 106:24 ~ “The people refused to enter the pleasant land, for they wouldn’t believe his promise to care for them.”
Happy mental health awareness week. Take care of your body, soul, and spirit.
Christian Lady After God’s Own Heart 💜